Calibration Technician (1st Shift)
Advanced Technology Services
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Travels to customer site for calibration, repair, and technical support when necessary.
· Reads quality control manual and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
· Selects and installs accessories, such as adapters, indicating gauges, or holding devices on test or calibration fixture, and connects instrument or device to fixture, according to specifications, using hand tools.
· Sets controls to regulate factors, such as current flow, timing cycle, pressure, temperature, or vacuum, according to specifications, and activates test or calibration equipment.
· Observes readings on meters and gauges, and other displays and performance of device or instrument to identify functional defects and determine calibration requirements.
· Adjusts calibration mechanisms to obtain specified operational performance of device or instrument, using hand tools and precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment.
· Applies sealing compound on calibration mechanism to prevent readjustment of settings and loss of calibration.
· Rejects malfunctioning devices and routes devices to specified department for rework or salvaging of parts.
· Prepares calibration certificates and data reports.
· Processes required service report paperwork.
· Interacts with other departments and personnel to resolve any related issues.
· May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
· Participates in Service/Quality Initiative; continually improves processes; quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses the Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), & Competencies:
· Associates degree from a junior college or technical school; and one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization; work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Must be a team player
· Self-motivated and able to prioritize
· Customer Focus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.